If you spot a suspicious lesion, it is vital that you have it checked by a doctor or preferably a dermatologist as soon as possible.
Skin cancer can be treated, and early diagnosis makes the chances of a full recovery very high.
Where treatment is delayed, the condition worsens, and in some instances, can lead to disfigurement, complications and even death.
Don’t let delay reduce your chances of a positive outcome.
The golden rules are:
- Don’t ignore it, hoping it will go away.
- Don’t wait to see how it develops, or manage it yourself.
- Don’t assume it’s nothing serious.
- Don’t think it isn’t a priority to get it sorted.
- And above all, don’t be afraid to see your doctor or dermatologist.